The world is full of material things that attract people in so many ways. And to make the problem worse, people tend to be unsatisfied on what they already have. Even rich people still seek out for more, and how much more for those who are in the middle class?
The modern world has really defeated the frugal living of the people which is practiced by people during the past years. Now, let me ask you a question, do you live a luxurious life? If yes, this is the right time for you to give up all that luxury and try sparing some money for future purposes.
Living frugally does not mean that you will be eating the foods that you do not want to eat and wearing clothes that you don’t want to wear, it does not go like that.
In fact, many people had enjoyed and are continuously enjoying frugal living. They do not just have the chance to be responsible and enhance their discipline but they are also capable of planning for the near future like vacations and trips.
Also, the more money you have saved, the lesser you will be held to borrow from the others. No one wants to be drowned in debt, and neither do you.
Frugal living, in its most fundamental sense, means living within your financial means. It means that you have to set your budget limits and stick to it at all times.
At first glance, nothing may seem wrong. But if you are to evaluate it more closely, you’d see how many people are becoming slaves to their finances. Because of credit card bills and loans to pay, many people are getting into deep financial constraints. In fact, many people even end up in hospital beds because of financial stress and pressures.
Now, if you do not want to end up garnering the consequential effects of financial constraints, always make it a point that you are the master of your finances and not the other way around. Never rely on credit cards and loans especially if you don’t really need to. Start practicing the art of frugal living if you still haven’t, or if you once did, revive it.
Frugal Living Means Living a Simple Life
When it comes to money matters, people these days tend to look for ways on how to spend less and save more. However, with the demands of daily living, people really need to spend in order to live in this world. From the physical needs like food and shelter, miscellaneous things are also needed to be spent for various purposes.
But, no matter how hard it is to think on ways to fulfill a frugal living, there are some effective ways to do so. Try to consider the following tips:
- If you are the only one in our house, try to do with one car. This will save you lots of money as you can save gas.
- Try to assess if you really need a big house or you can deal with a smaller one. You would not want to pay for a huge house knowing that other rooms and space will be of no use. Try to settle in a smaller house and pay less.
- Do you have a huge car? Are you the only one riding it? Well if your answer to both questions is yes, then try to reconsider using a smaller car. This is one way of practicing a frugal living. Huge cars tend to consume more gas than smaller ones.
- Eat meals at home. Try to avoid eating in fast food chains and cook for yourself. Saving money is not the only benefit from this as you can also avoid those unhealthy foods outside.
- If you are working at the office, try to bring your own home-made lunch. This helps whenever you have lots of works to do. You can save time from going to restaurants just to eat lunch. With this, your paper works will be all done in no time.
- Do watch TV often? If no, try to cut down your cable subscription. You will be saving several dollars from paying monthly cable bills.
- If ever you are planning to have a vacation, try to plan it the earliest. This will make you see what things to bring and how much budget to prepare. Also, you will have lots of time to look for cheaper vacation areas.
- If you are to do a survey on the top financial avenues of most people, let me tell you ahead of time of two of the most common answers you’d probably get— one would be credit cards and the other would be loans. For credit card holders, buying any item of their want is not a problem as long as a particular center accepts payments via credit cards. On the other hand, loaning is a good way to resolve financial dilemmas for many people. Or at least they think it could.
Sure, credit cards and loans can save one from financial troubles. But the growing dependence of many people to these financing avenues is another story though. Because of the introduction of such options, many have forgotten the art of frugal living.
Living in a frugal way must not let you feel frustrated; rather, it must make you feel secured in whatever situations that will happen in your life. It is better to help others than be helped, people have this so called pride and we do not want to face the reality that bites.
There will be no problem with frugal living, you can benefit from it and appreciate its importance the moment you have used your savings for a better purpose. Whatever amount you earn, try to be thrifty and you will see things more clearly.